You could call this recipe cookies, cupcakes, cupcookies, or anything you like—but don't miss out on this Veganuary delight.Read More - Vegan Cookie Cups Read More
- 115 grams butter, at room temperature50 grams granulated sugar
- 65 grams brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125 grams plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 175 grams semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 55 grams coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F
- Beat the butter and both sugars in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Mix the flour, salt and baking soda in another bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the batter and mix until well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts (if desired).
- Drop the dough, using a small ice-cream scoop, 4 to six centimetres apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Flatten each scoop with the back of a spoon to about 7.5 centimetres in diameter.
- Bake until the centers are still slightly soft to the touch, 11 to 14 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
Makes 12 to 15 giant cookies
*This recipe comes from the Ben & Jerry’s Homemade Ice Cream & Dessert Book, and was used in the original Scoop Shop.
This Veganuary, switch up your usual ice cream sandwich recipe with this tasty Cookies on Cookie Dough Non-Dairy version.Read More - Cookies on Cookie Dough Non-Dairy Sandwiches Read More
What’s better than a milkshake on a hot summer day? A fancy milkshake that will impress your friends. We’ve got 3 recipe hacks for the coolest way to chill.Read More - 3 Cool Milkshake Hacks for a Chill Summer Read More