A determined group of youth leaders are taking matters into their own hands to fight climate change. It’s time for all of us to stand with them at the Global Climate Strike.Read More - It’s Getting Hot in Here: Youth Call on All of Us to Join the Global Climate Strike Read More
Did you know that the last national climate strategy was launched over 9 years ago in Ireland?
From climate change denial to low turnouts at climate talks - of the actions of our Dáil members over the past couple of months are anything to go by, now is the optimum time for us to call on the new Irish government to take action on our climate law and the global climate agreement. Let's demand a greener future for our planet!
2015 was a huge year for climate change in Ireland and in countries around the globe. Some major steps were taken towards creating a healthier future for our planet:
● Citizens all over the world signed petitions urging their leaders to tackle climate change at the United Nations Climate Summit (COP21).
● After two decades of negotiating, 195 countries agreed to a new global climate deal which aims to reduce global emissions to zero.
● However, 2015 brought with it stark reminders that work to tackle climate change is just beginning… Last year was the hottest year on record since records began and changes in weather brought devastating flooding across Ireland.
What does all this mean for our present Government?
We asked our friends at Stop Climate Chaos for a rundown of actions and initiatives our new government should support in order to work toward a better future for our planet.
Get your local TD or government representative to support the mission of:
● Trócaire's Vote for Justice
● Oxfam's calls for Equality
● An Taisce's Climate Action asks
● Good Energies Alliance Pledge to Ban Fracking.
Simple steps for individual action
● Put pressure on your local councillor - mention the causes above in a letter, Facebook post, Tweet or call to demand action towards a greener future for our planet.
● Sign up to the call from Ireland’s leading academics for a Citizens' Convention for a Post-Carbon Ireland.
● Start a rooftop revolution! Begin saving now to invest in solar electricity… It will benefit you, and the rest of the world in the long run!
Read more about the climate movement and sign our petition here.
If it’s melted, it’s ruined. Let’s make 2016 an even better year for action against climate change on our planet!
Join us in helping to protect and advance the rights of all those seeking a safe place to call home.Read More - Cone Together Read More
We've put a lot of thought into how we can reduce the global warming impact when making Ben & Jerry's ice cream. Find out more here.Read More - Climate Justice Read More